The process of Coaching is designed to unlock a person’s potential to maximize their own performance. It is helping them learn rather than telling them what to do. Coaching will assist people in identifying specific goals and then more quickly and easily reaching those goals.
Coaching focuses on your present situation and your future success, compared to therapy and counseling which focus on healing past incidents.
During coaching sessions, clients will get clear awareness about themselves, and build their own signature presence to achieve success.
Coaching will maximize clients’ potential for accomplishment.
Benefits from coaching:
- You will gain a different perspective.
- You will achieve your goal effectively and efficiently.
- You will build clear ideas around your goals in life and at work.
- You will sustain your motivation to work on your goals.
- You will learn about yourself, and enhance your self-confidence.
- You will learn skills for stronger communication and leadership.
- You will learn how to prioritize for effective time management.
About the role of a coach
Let’s imagine you are trying to lose weight.
You promise yourself to take a one-hour walk every day. But this promise is a difficult one to keep. When you skip walking, you have no one to answer to but yourself – it doesn’t cause anyone else any trouble, and no one says anything about you not walking. You regularly find excuses, such as poor weather or your busy schedule, for not taking your daily walk.
Next you join a gym, thinking that poor weather will no longer be an excuse for missing your exercise, and the fees you are paying as an investment in yourself, are another motivation because you don’t want to waste your money. However, you are still not successful at losing weight, so you start getting frustrated.
Finally you decide to hire a personal trainer who designs an exercise program with you and makes you aware of what you need to do instead of just working hard. Right from the start, you realize your true desire is not to lose weight but to reduce body fat and gain more muscle. You decide you might even accept a weight gain if it means building your body with toned muscle. You also set goals to increase strength and build up endurance, and to work on your stiff shoulders. You have appointments with your trainer every week, so you are going to the gym more frequently and accomplishing more efficient and effective workouts.
Every time you see your trainer, you get encouragement, compliments and feedback, which motivate you even more. As you continue working out more often with this proper training program, you start seeing more results. You are feeling good about your body and have new knowledge of how your body works and how your diet relates as well – an extra benefit for you. You set new goals about building more muscle to maintain your body shape.
As you may guess, a personal coach acts the same way for your life, or work, as the personal trainer does for your fitness or health. The role of a coach is to support and guide clients to reach success.
Wise Leadership will help you to develop your own signature presence and strong leadership style to obtain success and satisfaction in your life and community.
Example of Coaching Theme
- Wanting to define my presence in my workplace, my community, or my family
- Lacking self confidence
- Promoted to manager, without knowing exactly how to manage
- Developing distinctive ideas to position my business apart from the competition
- Tired of living away from “home” and feeling stuck
- Trying hard, but without result
- Having difficult conversations, expressing dissenting opinions — without getting too emotional
- Struggling with my leadership style with my team
- Worrying about others and not being able to say NO
- Improving communication skills and social skills
- Managing anxiety around recognition from others
- Making my team more effective
- Having difficulty staying motivated
- Not satisfied with life – wanting to change something
- Not knowing what to do or where to start, but I know I have to do something.
- Having too many things to do, and don’t know what I should do first.
- Not knowing what I want to do
- Wanting to make my dream come true!
- How to close the gap between where I am right now and where I want to be
- Not knowing what I should do, although I do have time
- Improving my productivity in my everyday life and at work
- Feeling stuck with my career, or wanting to change my career
- Working hard to finish my work every day, but not feeling any satisfaction with my work or life
- Wanting to better understand myself
- Feeling unbalanced between my work and the rest of my life
- Managing stress and the political power game in the office
- Having issues with my boss or coworkers
- Improving relationships
- Managing stress
- Struggling how to raise children.
- Navigating marriage or domestic relationships (roles, communication, power balances)
Steps for typical coaching session
- Coach and client share information. Coach talks about how coaching sessions will be, and clients talk about anything on their mind, focusing around something they would like to work on through the coaching session.
- After understanding the situation, Coach will give feedback and help client set goals for coaching session.
- Coach guides client in developing action plans for goal achievement.
- Assess the progress of goal achievement, and re-visit goal setting as needed.
We offer a 30 minutes trial coaching session for $20.00.
Generally, the first coaching session will be 90 minutes, each subsequent session will be 60 minutes. Depending on your goals and situation, sessions can be weekly or every other week. To fit your schedule and for your convenience, phone sessions are also an option.
For maximum results, we recommend you have a series of 5 sessions.